Albumart thrue logging

Hello’

I achieved to get nowplaying information in an txt file thrue logging %a - %b
That was easy and now i want to do the same with the albumart. I saw the %k en %K variables.
Is it possible to use the same strategy to create an image from this icon?

Thanx
Friso

Have you saved the album art as a part of the audio element in the mAirList database?
This is not recommended; in the configuration we have a special section for cleaning up this part… :thinking:

Uli

Don’t know exactly what you mean. When i drag an song into the playlist it gives me a small icon of the embedded album art. Is that what you mean?

But the most important question is, what is the eaasiest way to use the album art. I use vMix for letting see the Now playing.

Friso

Yes, but normally it isn’t embedded in the element properties.
The icon is loaded seperately direct from the ID-Tag / Vorbis comment.

From this point of view, there is nothing to export. :wink:

Uli
What is the best way to do this?

Friso

There was a similar thread in the german section… I think @shorty.xs is very familiar with solutions and workarounds on that.

Well, ask 3 IT guys and you will get 5 different options, how to do it best.

I preferred to acquire all meta data, from the stream server instead of grabbing it from the source, because you will stay totally independent from the source software. Even in an event of a mAirlist failure, you can source a backup broadcast with any streaming Encoder and all the meta stuff will still work.

So just Google for your streamserver (Icecast or shoutcast2) in combination with album art and your favorite programming language (php for example). You will find several different solutions, that will Grab album art from last fm or amazon or iTunes, sometimes even affiliate links just based on the artist - title meta information.
The „ - “ as a split symbol is chosen by most people but could bring you some difficulty. I will probably update to „-=-“ At some point , at least I have never seen this as part of an artist name or song title.

Just to make it a bit more fool proof.

A little bit further now. This is the script wich is working now:

<?php header("Refresh:5"); $artiest = 'U2'; $titel = 'One'; function albumart_load($artiest,$titel,$size="large") //small (64x64px), medium (126x126px), large (174x174px), extralarge (300x300px) { $URL = "http://api.depubliekeomroep.nl/anp/albumart.php?artiest=".urlencode($artiest)."&titel=".urlencode($titel)."&size=".urlencode($size); $c = curl_init(); curl_setopt($c, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1); curl_setopt($c, CURLOPT_URL, $URL); $contents = curl_exec($c); curl_close($c); return $contents; } $result = albumart_load("$artiest","$titel"); print "

\n"; ?>

This script is resulting in an albumart of U2 an achtung baby album art.
But now i want to use the HTTP Get from the logging part of mairlist to be the input for $artiest and $titel.
How can i achieve that with code.
Thanx

Friso

Enyone can help me on this?