Airlite: VT while Automation

Lets ask another rookie question: If I want to do voice tracking while automation is on how to do that with my airlite mixer and mairlist?

• or is it even possible?

moved to Hardware, it’s no original mAirList question. :wink: /Mod

1 Like

On the Airlite, you have a separate VT bus (Mic ON button is blinking). So you can record your VTs from this bus.

1 Like

Sorry, Now I need more details. Do I need to go Airlite configuartion manager, Module 1 and then enable On air 2 by lin or mic? What then?

I’m sorry, but I don’t have a Webstation or an Airlite here. My personal know-how is a mix of reading manuals, having seen the D&R Video and having installed the integrated D&R soundcards in Windows system and mAirList during a (paid!) remote support at our customers.

I had nothing to do with an “On Air 2” (I must read again what this means), but I know that one of the 4 busses out was the VT bus and this is used whe you press the ON button of the mic channel for at least 2 seconds until it starts blinking. Then the mic signal is routed to the VT bus.

From my point of view this has nothing to do with the configuration manager.
Maybe another user of the Airlite or Webstation can help here?

Thank you, with your instructions I was able to fix it. That 2 secs blinking was the key for this issue.

1 Like

The ON switch is ALSO used to route an input signal from module 1-3 to the Voice track buss.
Push the ON switch a little bit longer and the audio will be removed from the Program buss and assigned to the Voice track buss, as a result the ON switch will blink. The Voice track signal Is routed to USB-3 for further processing in your play-out system.

Airlite manual, page 14, section 5.8 “VOICE TRACK BUSS” :wink:

Good luck!