Add support for timezones & (display) time conversion to Database application

Hello again with another odd feature request:

I’m working for a web radio station (running mAirList Professional) that has multiple hosts using Home Studio, spread across the planet. Because we all have different time zones, it can be challenging working with the Database application as we all need to convert times first to know which playlist we need to edit.

Would be possible to introduce a timezone setting to the Database application and convert the displayed time into that local timezone? No need for that in the playout module; but having he database convert the times would make working with so much easier.

You can Set a Time Offset in the config.ini
In each Home Studio Version.
You can set it as seconds.

(1h=3600 sec)

Unter options in config.ini:
Vorformatierter TextTimeOffset=3600

If u Set 3600, the Home Studio Clock is one hour in the future for the Main Studio. But only for mairlist. Not for the Windows System self. But its genius.

The correct line in config.ini should look like this:

TimeOffset=3600

Cleaned-up regards

TSD

Thanks a lot for that, @TomJumbo83 and @Tondose

I went ahead and placed

TimeOffset=-28800

… into mAirList.ini, in the “General” section. I can’t find any mention in the wiki or documentation, just in the change log when the feature was added, so I assume that’s where it should go.

That said, it doesn’t seem to have any effect on the Database application. Playlists & times for each item still show up in my local time zone, not the DJ’s.

In mAirlist.ini, of course! Thank you, Tom, for misleading me. :wink:

Confused regards

TSD

And just further to my post above, the edit in mAirList.ini seems to have no effect on the Database application.

It shouldn’t do, as we have a dedicated database.ini for that purpose. However, I do not know whether the TimeOffset-key will be working there. You might want to try it out.

Different regards

TSD

No, sadly, that doesn’t work either. But it was worth a try.

I assume that my feature request is still relevant then, and if this is implemented already for the playout application, perhaps it can be done for the database as well :slight_smile: