Add an Event Scheduler item to the Playlist context menu?

There is already a main Toolbar button for Events, and I also know that single-clicking the ‘E box’ on a Playlist toolbar opens the Event Scheduler for that Playlist.

I think it would be useful to add an Event Scheduler… item to the context menu which opens when a Playlist is right-clicked. No big deal though, and I agree that that menu is already a little on the long side ;).

BFN
CAD

I guess you disagree on this one, then, Torben? :slight_smile:

BFN
CAD

No, I’ve only ignored it so far :wink:

(Damn, so many threads, so many nice ideas, so little time …)

Torben

Would you believe me if I said that the playlist component does not know anything about the event scheduler associated with that playlist? Sad bud true. Sometimes my architecture is a little strange. I will change this, but not for the 2.0 release.

Did you know that you can click the E box in the playlist toolbar in order to open the Event Scheduler? I have just noticed that it only works in automation mode at the moment, but that will be fixed. Should be a suitable replacement for the menu item. Even saves you a click.

Torben

Isn’t that strange? I literally just noticed that bug myself (clicking E does not work in ASSIST mode)!

Agreed that it saves a mouse click, but it is a Very Good Thing to offer the user different ways of doing the same thing.

Some people just prefer right-click menus, some prefer the main window menu, and some prefer clicking objects (like the E box). That’s the reason why Microsoft products usually offer at least two or three ways of doing the same thing.

I also bet that you know some people who are like this: it does not matter how many times you try to help them by saying ‘click this instead, it’s MUCH faster than the way you are doing it,’ and they say ‘oh yes, thanks!’ then they ignore what you said and do it the same ‘slow’ way which they know and trust. Am I right? :wink:

No worries though, it’s not a big deal—so long as the ‘E click’ works in ASSIST mode! :slight_smile:

BFN
CAD