2.1.42 479 Hook Containers

Hi guys,

I dont think this has been reported, I couldn’t find it in any case.
So I pick several songs and select create hook container, when when trying to play it it plays the in, less than a second of the first track and then I get a List index out of bounds (1)
If I take away the hook open and close from the file repository option screen the error doesnt come until the last hook is played. To test this further if I only have a hook sweeper set and create a container of two songs the error happens the moment the Hook Sweeper finishes.

Its on another computer and its the middle of the night, but if you want the call stack I can get this and post it up.

To echo everyone elses remarks, this software is a dream, keep up the good work :slight_smile:

Yes, the call stack would be very helpful. Please also download the file “mAirList.map” from the snapshot directory and place it into the mAirList folder. It will make the call stack display the respective lines of source code.

OK to fill in some more details on this:

I’ve conducted tests with the same three songs with hooks defined, but varying the Hook Open, Hook Sweeper and Hook Close options as this moves the point in which it errors but the call stack is the same in each case.

Open, Sweep, Close all set to blank/nothing: Errors at the end of the the three songs
Open set. Sweep, Close blank: Errors after the opener has played
Open & close blank. Sweep set: Errors between the first sweep playing and the second hook starting.

[code]List index out of bounds (1)

02 February 2008, 13:33:22

Program Version 2.1.42 Build 479

Call stack:

[00423299] Classes.Classes.TList.Get + $19
[004231E9] Classes.Classes.TList.Error + $2D
[00423299] Classes.Classes.TList.Get + $19
[004E8C5A] GraphicColor.GraphicColor.TColorManager.RowConvertPhotoYCC2RGB (Line 3372, “GraphicColor.pas” + 120) + $11
[0057E6D2] ContainerAudio.ContainerAudio.TContainerAudioSource.SetPosition (Line 203, “ContainerAudio.pas” + 8) + $7
[0057CD6E] SlaveAudio.SlaveAudio.TSlaveAudioSource.DoOnEOF (Line 92, “SlaveAudio.pas” + 3) + $F
[004EAFCC] GraphicColor.GraphicColor.TColorManager.CreateGrayscalePalette (Line 4384, “GraphicColor.pas” + 1) + $A
[004EB4EE] GraphicColor.GraphicColor.TColorManager.SetYCbCrParameters (Line 4493, “GraphicColor.pas” + 6) + $3
[0042F4CC] Classes.Classes.StdWndProc + $14
[0048F9A0] Forms.Forms.TApplication.ProcessMessage + $FC
[0048F9DA] Forms.Forms.TApplication.HandleMessage + $A
[0048FBFA] Forms.Forms.TApplication.Run + $96
(004CAD78) [008CBD78]

[/code]

I’ve found an additional problem with opening older desktop files. I open a older version desktop file (before hooks existed), set hook tags on a song, save those tags to a metadata file (I can verify this saved with a text editor).
When I next open the desktop file the hook settings do not appear in the extended PFL player on the same song. However, if I add that file to the playlist again they do appear.
If I create a new desktop file and save that, upon reopening hook’s apear in the PFL player as they should.

Is this because all the cue points are stored in the desktop file and not re-read from the MMD?

Found the error. I will upload a new snapshort shortly.

Excactly. The idea is that you plan your show, adjust cue points as needed so that it fits its one hour (or whatever) and save it as a playlist or desktop file.

I have uploaded build 482, please give it a try.