2.0.8: Dual Monitor issue

In our studio, the PC has a Matrox G460 dual monitor card.

If I run mAirList in a ‘Normal’ window, I can extend it to cover both monitors and all is well. If I then Maximize the mAirList window, it does maximize, but ONLY on screen 1! :frowning: Screen 2 displays the blank desktop.

I don’t think this is a Windows or video drivers problem, but I would be grateful for any thoughts or suggestions.

It’s a minor problem obviously, but I do not want a presenter to Maximize the mAirList window and then panic, thinking they have ‘broken something!’

BFN
CAD

Dual-monitor video cards can handle the screens in two different ways:

Type A: The screens are merged so that only one big screen is reported to Windows (and any other software). Usually, the Windows task bar will also extend over both screens then. When you maximize a window, it will also extend over both screens.

Type B: The video card reports two monitors to Windows. The taskbar is only visible on one of them. Maximizing a window will usually only maximize it on the current screen. However, you can still move and manually resize the window so that it covers both screens.

As far as I know, Matrox cards usually operate in mode B. For nVidia cards, you can choose the desired behavior. I am not sure about ATI cards. nVidia installs a utility which can be used to tweak the behavior when maximizing windows, choose where newly created windows should appear etc. Perhaps Matrox offers a similar tool.

Torben

Hi,

if you want to stretch the window over both screens then try the programm “UltraMon”.