Unable to get a licence for AudioLogger

After a Windows update, I was unable to launch AudioLogger. I got an error message stating something similar to “SQL non consecutive sequence launching” (sorry, I got this message once and didn’t write it down).
Then when I launched AudioLogger, I got the message “download error : http/1.1 301 moved permanently” followed by “No valid license” when quitting the software.
So I decided to uninstall v1.3x we were using (I saw the topic related to the licence servers that recently moved in another post) and reinstall a new version.
I reinstalled v1.4. Install went well but when I want to licence my software (using the Download / activate button) I now get the following error message “unable to write to c:\programdata\mairlist\audiologger\licence.lic”. I sent a debug file, hoping it will help you.

By the way, the computer on which is installed AudioLogger also hosts our webstream, so it’s rather touchy to reboot it…

Sorry, I was wrong. :flushed:

Please try latest version 1.4.0 with the actual integrated License Manager.
Hope this helps.

I will check it on my test system (offline today; the bug report will arrive at Torbens mailbox).

Check the permissions of the AudioLogger folder in C:\ProgramData. It should be writeable by everyone.

I wasn’t able to modify the ReadOnly settings on the AudioLogger folder. The only way was to uninstall AudioLogger, delete the existing folder and then reinstall the software.
The reinstall went smoothly and the problem is solved.
Just one question : when I look on the “about” tab, it says version1.0.0 build 0. Shouldn’t it give the 1.4 version instead ?

:thinking:

Known issue. There is, by mistake, double VersionInfo compiled into the exe (once with correct 1.4, once with 1.0). Happend when I moved the project to the new Delphi version. And sometimes the one and sometimes the other is displayed.

Already fixed on my side, and will be included in the next snapshot.

Thanks, Torben.
This not an issue, I just wanted to know why.
Thanks guys for the help provided. :grinning: :+1: