Here’s a shopping list for you…
1. Cartwall Commands - control/network commands to be fired from the Cartwall. This would allow “favourite” commands to be recalled quickly.
2. Command Titles - When using #mAirList COMMAND - a Title field would allow schedulers to label the command so that the DJ knows what it will do. At present, a command shows-up in the playlist with the word “command” appearing twice. This would save double-clicking the item (properties) to see what the command would do.
3. Playlist : Non Audio Colours - Break, Command, and Dummy items appear as an alternative colour to audio items.
4. Players : On Air - When a player is ready to play the next playlist item, it should say NEXT - Just like an active player says ON AIR.
5. Browser - Columns - Just as the Repository shows the Time and Title in Explorer-style, the main file/folder view could also show the length of a song, which can then be clicked and sorted by duration.
6. Cartwall - Items from the Cartwall to be drag’able back to the playlist - Allowing easy automation of jingles without clogging-up the Browser with folders.
7. Event Scheduler - As a button on the toolbar ?
8. Insert xxx - Shortcut keys for Break, Command, Dummy and Files.
Some really good ideas surfacing here, Charlie. My compliments to you and your dedication to the ongoing development, Torben. Well done. Some ideas of my own coming soon, as well.
Hi Torben, just as a reminder of the suggestions that you may miss in the previous threads.
1.Command to insert a cut from a dir and rotate this cut at random. A rot file. Some form of artist and song separartion would be a bonus.
2.Command to mute/unmute line-in to allow news feeds from a tuner during automation. It would also need to pause players. Automation players would be going through a single soundcard.
3.Click and drop similar to drag and drop but click twice, once at the source and once at the destination?
4.Also a set of standard reuseable commands, first script in mind to detect soundcards and then enable the user to quickly select which input to mute/unmute and how long for.
5.Support for access database or spreadsheets to catalog audio library.
Though looking through your replies I think most are in hand or have been dealt with.
Kind Regards Tony
[b]2. Command Titles[/b] - When using [i]#mAirList COMMAND [/i] - a Title field would allow schedulers to label the command so that the DJ knows what it will do. At present, a command shows-up in the playlist with the word "command" appearing twice. This would save double-clicking the item (properties) to see what the command would do.
1.5.22+ will allow to specify an optional title, enclosed in brackets:
#mAirList COMMAND [Start automation on remote PC] RPC http://blahblah:9300/BIN AUTOMATION 1 PLAY