Track separation

We have some extra “versions” of songs which contain an introduck (a short sung accapella jingle in the same key and tempo over the intro of a song). These versions just have a different color and a checkbox attribute “introduck” which is checked, for the rest it is exactly the same as the original. So artist and title field is exactly the same, even the external id. My interpretation would be that it falls under “track” separation then and not only artist and title separation, but it seems that this is not the case… Is that how it was meant to be?

We have set it up in the templates so that the scheduler can only take a song with an introduck in some places in the list (for example only after a voicetrack) and this worked fine. I thought we could then just have both the original and the introduck version in rotation at the same time, but if the scheduler interprets them as two different songs this is simply not possible…

Yout interpretation fo the function is correct. You could even give it an addtition in the title. If you put square brackets around it, these Version markers are ignored.

So if Artist and title are exaty the same on both versions the seperation should be kept.

Glad to hear that, then we should be able to use it like I thought we could.

That is when the bug is fixed then, because it doesn’t work like that at this moment.

@Torben? :blush:

Good to know about the brackets btw, then we can add something so that it’s more clear.

Enable debug log in the scheduler settings and check what separations are given for the two items (“Title separation for xxx is yyy”).

Okay i’ll try that, thanks.