Some More Suggestions

1. Song Type/Genre - Using some common keywords (JINGLE, SONG, VOICETRACK etc) this would allow mAirList to distinguish between certain programme elements… which would be useful for:

2. Now Playing HTML/SHOUTcast - When mAirList is playing a “SONG” (as above), it can then send the Artist - Title to a single TXT file (as well as the LOG file) which can be autoFTP’d to a website. Maybe also, the ability for it to replace “%artist - %title” tokens in an HTML page… That would be quite good.

The SHOUTcast one is easy, it’s just a URL to the server with the password and a $token=song info format.

3. Auto Segue (based on level) - I know it can be done in BASS, but not sure how… Segue to next item when the song fade hits a -dB threshold. This would aid new users who can automate quickly and not have to set their outro markers up to get going.

4. Save M3U - We schedule (and playout) via M3U files and it would be good if we could use mAirList off-air to edit playlists and save in their original M3U format.

5. Run Startup Script - Imagine there’s a power-cut overnight when the studio is empty… PC comes back on, starts-up mAirList and loads the current hour (or day and jumps to hour) and resumes play. For example, it could refer to the LOG file to see which file it had got up to before being halted… It could then resume from that point.

for 2.
look there
http://forum.mairlist.de/viewtopic.php?t=383
i have made a java tool that send the songtitle from the log to a streamserver and/or to a ftp-server.

mfg
ernie

Looks like it can do the job, although as some of it is in German - I haven’t managed to get it working properly as yet. Not keen on the MS-DOS batch window being visible all the time!

[b]4. Save M3U[/b] - We schedule (and playout) via M3U files and it would be good if we could use mAirList off-air to edit playlists and save in their original M3U format.

Will be possible as of 1.5.33 through the playlist context menu.

Torben

When saving as an M3U (right-click within the playlist), if the M3U file exists - The fail-safe of “File exists… Do you wish to replace existing file?” does not appear…

Fixed. As well in the Save Cart Set dialog. Thanks.