Playlist Template using mairlist/powergold

Hi,

I use powergold to schedule my playlists which is fine during the day, but i need to sort out overnight automation scheduling…

The main problem i have is creating a playlist that plays idents in between tracks, without me having to either add all idents into powergold so that they appear as tracks or manually going through a playlist and adding an ident after each song…

Is there a script which i can run which will insert an ident from a specified directory after every 2/3/4… songs?

Another option would be that i could create a playlist where when inserting audio, music replaces dummy’s… By this what i mean is that i could create a playlist template in mairlist like this:

NEWS OUT JINGLE
DUMMY
JINGLE
DUMMY
DUMMY
JINGLE
DUMMY
JINGLE
DUMMY
DUMMY
NEWS IN JINGLE

So, what i would have would be the above template loaded so that i could run a script to insert a music playlist that replaces each of the DUMMY with a song from the powergold music .m3u

that makes sense in my head, i just hope i have explained it so other understand what i mean!

any help would be appreciated, i just need some help in creating automated overnight playlists without it sounding like a non-stop music jukebox - so that it has some station imaging!.

Many Thanks in advanced

This is what a “Non Music Category” in Powergold is for - you can use them for Idents/Adverts/Promos and so on. You can also define custom rules (on a “per-folder basis”) so that an Artist can repeat frequently ie: “IDENT” but the Title is a bit stricter. Depending upon how much detail you put into your Powergold database, you can expand this with tempo-matching, so the right sort of jingles are played with the right sort of songs (slow-fast transitions etc).

Hi Lackster, it perhaps would be best to use powergold to do all your scheduling (using as Charlie states Non Music Categories).

However if you chose not to use this the events scheduler in mAirList may help.

Continue to generate playlists in powergold but have the events scheduler run at various times in an hour and insert a playlist (loaded with a stop set - jingles, promos etc) or load a jingle. The ideal times are up to you.

I think the audio can be set to load and play at that particular point in the playlist rather than at the end or as a new playlist, but not tried for some time.

Brilliant, ‘non music category’ was the answer for now…

I knew somebody on here would have the answer!

Thanks guys.