Playlist Container Expand via Script

Hi,

I have a script that loads a 24hr playlist, placing it in the 00:00 - 01:00 hour of each day. It loads it in the GUI with the line :-

PlayList(0).Assign(SchedulePlayList); // where “SchedulePlayList” is an IPlayList variable.

This works, but with one problem. We require that all containers in the playlist start in the “Expanded” mode so we can see the actual content - but they don’t.

The GUI Playlist is set in the Config utility to “Expand Containers by Default”, which it does, but only if a Playlist is loaded via the mAirList GUI - by loading from a file, accessing the database in the Browser, or via the Windows clipboard. Any loading I’ve tried via the script starts with the containers “collapsed”, so the little arrow buttons need a click to show the content.

Apart from the Assign method, I’ve also tried AssignCopy, Append, InsertList, and LoadFromFile.

Curiously, if the collapsed Playlist is fully selected, “Cut” to the clipboard, then pasted back (i.e CTRL A/X/V) it does re-appeared expanded.

So - is there any way the Playlist can be made to “Expand” via the script?

Thanks,

Greg

This is a pure GUI setting and nothing that could be done from a script.

“Expand Containers by Default” is actually what you want and need. It might just have a bug, I will check.

Try snapshot 3873 please.

Hi Torben,

Snapshot 3873 seems to have fixed that. Using the script with :-

PlayList(0).Assign(SchedulePlayList);
  • now results in the PlayList staying in “expanded” form. Wunderbar!

I also did a quick check that the Config/Playlist/GUI settings for “Expandable Containers” and “Expand Containers by Default” still work as expected with the script active, and they do ("+" buttons visibility, and expanded / collapsed respectively).

Thanks so much,

Greg

Excellent :slight_smile:

What does not happen anymore is that collapsed (by intention) containers expand randomly again when you make changes to the playlist. That was never meant to be so anyway. The option is only supposed to affect newly added containers.