Play in x player

Is it possible to tell a specific audio file in the playlist to play in a specific player? For instance, I use players 1 and 2 for music and sweepers etc but then could I tell my voice tracks to play out of 3?

Ant

I don’t think that’s possible at present, Ant. I’m also not sure why you want to do that, other than for visual ‘neatness?’ :wink:

BFN
CAD

Plus, what happens if the desired player is currently active when the voice track comes up?

:slight_smile: Yes, I was going to come to that point after I found out more about why Ant wanted it!

But to guess at an answer to this: Ant wants only ‘voice tracks’ in Player 3, therefore in his set-up, there will never (?) be a time when Player 3 is ‘active’ when it is time to load a new track into it.

BFN
CAD

Yeah - sorry, didnt say - I ONLY want voice tracks in that player.

Ok, what we needed is:

1. A way to tell a player to auto-load only “special items”.
  2. A way to mark an item as “special”.

I would want to keep this flexible. Any ideas for a good terminology?

In mAirList Config, under the ‘player’ settings, just have another tick box - ‘play marked items only’ - and then in the playlist, under properties, a tick box - ‘special item’.

If there is no ‘special player’ defined, it just plays out of any. Otherwise, it plays out of the special player.

That ok?

Is it possible to tell a specific audio file in the playlist to play in a specific player? For instance, I use players 1 and 2 for music and sweepers etc but then could I tell my voice tracks to play out of 3?

Ant

I would also appreciate it very much to have such a function!

Ant, this sounds like a good idea. I will take a look at my loading algorithms to see if they would support such a feature easily.

:smiley:

Thanks

Took a look. Figured that it’s not a big deal. Implemented it.

Will be available as of v.34.

Lovely :slight_smile:

Incidentally, when will this be out? Want to set it up for our desk :smiley:

He asked the W-question!

http://temp.weibert.de/mAirList.exe (yes, it still says v.33, but it’s brand new)

Thanks Torben, you’re a star :smiley:

Or just in a good mood :wink:

Torben recommends: 2005 Spätburgunder Rotwein trocken, Toni Lorenz vineyard, Boppard, Mittelrhein, Germany.

I can’t get this to work. I’ve set a VT as special, and a player as special, but it doesn’t work?

Should the player be set to allow or disallow automation?

Both “auto load” and “only auto load items marked as special” must be enabled.

Spoke too soon - it’s fine!

Aha - now I have actually found a bug.

It all loads into the right players when in Assist - but when you switch to auto, it reloads the voice track into, for example, player 2.

Here is my playlist:
DANDY WARHOLS - BOHEMIAN LIKE YOU
Voice Track
JESSICA SIMPSON - PUBLIC AFFAIR

The VT loads into the correct player in assist - but when you put it into auto, the voice track moves to player 2 and public affair loads in the special only player.

Pubic affair ISNT special, voice track IS.

Yes, I forgot to mention - the flag is currently ignored in auto mode. The loading mechanism in auto mode is much more complicated. I will look at it.