Outro cue point over-rides EOF warning time

It just struck me that it would be very useful to have a Player Option which would allow the user to make a Player treat the Outro cue point (if there is one, and if it precedes the normal EOF warning time, e.g. EOF-15s) as the point where the Player background starts flashing.

Obviously, the programming of this would need to make sure that the ‘normal’ EOF warning point (if it occurs after an item’s Outro cue point) does not ‘un-flash’ the Player background (!).

I would suggest the Option should be a new checkbox in the Player n, Options tab in Config, with this Caption:

[ul][li]Flash after Outro cue point[/li][/ul]

What do the panel think? Would this be useful in your mAirList installation? Because my entire library of items is tagged with Outro cue points ;D, it’s an option I would definitely use myself, especially for ‘novice’ presenters. :smiley:
(“You can start talking again when the Player starts flashing …”)

BFN
CAD

Excellent idea. Implemented it right away.

Wow! It still scares me when you just say that! :o

PS: I’m very near an SVN for you. I’ll send an e-mail later. :wink:

PPS @MacShank: This is yet another reason why we all love mAirList (oh: and Torben himself, of course!). :-* No irritating support department between you (the user) and the developer to delay the (usually) terrifyingly speedy implementation of genuinely useful new ideas. ;D

BFN
CAD

Torben: did this setting (Flash after Outro cue point) ever get implemented?

I only ask becasue I haven’t found it in Config in B684 …

Thanks in advance/

BFN
CAD

mAirList 3.1 perhaps?

Perhaps, indeed! :smiley:

BFN
CAD