No Proper Overlaps ?

Haven’t installed any of those yet, me ol’ fruit… I’m just using the filetags. I’ve only ever used MySQL on Linux, but would guess it’s a tad simpler on Windows :wink: (ie: icons and not ghastly console commands)

Just before I trundle off to bed…

Torben, thanks for implementing the break-notes and break-times into the playlists… I’ve now got our scheduler creating an M3U playlist, with the SPLIT BREAK note at the right points amongst the music.

Tony - If you’re using SPL Creator (and I think you are), the break-note format in the config is: #mAirList BREAK %t - then in your rotation, the break note text you enter appears in the Title column in mAirList.

Morning - all had a good nights sleep.

Charlie I will be using stationplaylist in the studio - at home though stuck with a freebie called musicgenlite. Will have to work out breaknotes in this.

Tony

Just before I trundle off to bed...

Torben, thanks for implementing the break-notes and break-times into the playlists… I’ve now got our scheduler creating an M3U playlist, with the SPLIT BREAK note at the right points amongst the music.

Tony - If you’re using SPL Creator (and I think you are), the break-note format in the config is: #mAirList BREAK %t - then in your rotation, the break note text you enter appears in the Title column in mAirList.

Hi Charlie, where or how do you set the file tags.

Just find out how to change the countdown on a file playing - just click on the audio length in a player!

Hi Charlie, where or how do you set the file tags.

From the Properties dialog, there’s a button “Save (tag)”. The item must not be loaded in any player, as otherwise the file is locked on disk.

Just find out how to change the countdown on a file playing - just click on the audio length in a player!

Correct. And with a double click, it shows the (real) time at which it will be finished. Or would be finished, if started now. Comes quite handy for backtiming in assist mode.

Torben

Thanks Torben, is there a way of setting ramp (in) and outro from here. I want to have individual file fades without using the tilde character.

Tony

Cue points (cue in, ramp, outro, fade out, cue out) can be set during PFL, from the Advanced PFL mode (must be enabled in config).

Fading starts at Fade Out and stops, if set, at Cue Out, otherwise the Fade Out duration set in the Properties dialog is applied, or the default duration set in the config.

The “Outro” value is meant as the counterpart of “Ramp”, for visualization only. However, this is not implemented yet.

Torben

Thanks Torben, had just found this in an earlier post too.

Look before I leap springs to mind.

Just back from Sunday roast down the local.

Looked again at setting in/outs. Having trouble here, I can set all the points but they are not saved, so when the file is re-loaded you have to start again. Only running on single soundcard on test machine - will this make a difference.

Any ideas.

Tony,
When you’ve used the PFL player/window - Double-click the item in the playlist - It’ll bring up the Properties Editor - then click Save Tag. It’ll save the MP3 file with the timing info you have just set.

As Torben said - Make sure the item isn’t “cued-up” in a playlist, as it’ll be in use and locked for editing… In other words, just ensure something else is cued in the players while you edit.

Then delete the item from the playlist, bring it back in, check the properties - and it’ll have the markers as you just set them. It works fine here, I’ve done several songs, and all my jingles/ads have been set. A word of warning, don’t bulk tag your MP3s (via MP3Tag) later on, as it’ll strip all tags before writing :wink:

(found that one out the hard way)

Cheers Charlie, perhaps this could be made simpler with a separate cue point editor.

I think the PFL player is fine as it is - Although to save time, I think it could do with a “Save Tag” button :wink: I’m still not quite sure why the Extra PFL player has a close button, and the normal one doesn’t ?!

Well, I’ve got my 2 test systems talking to each other - The studio machine firing the split ads, and the split ad machine re-starting the playout after each break… Very happy with this solution.

I’ve always been a firm believer in “you get what you pay for” - But I think mAirList has broken the mould :wink:

I'm still not quite sure why the Extra PFL player has a close button, and the normal one doesn't ?!

Because the Extra PFL function is (as the name might suggest g) an extra way of pre-listening an item, independent from currently being loaded in a player, being played on air at the moment, etc. And did you notice that you can Extra-PFL several items at the same time?

On the other hand, the normal PFL dialogs just pops open and closes as you activate and deactive PFL mode.

The stand-alone cue point editor is a nice idea and shouldn’t be to hard to implement. I wrote such a program a long time ago, when mAirList was using a different syntax inside the ID3 tags, but it hasn’t been updated since.

A “Save Tag” button inside the PFL dialog doesn’t make sense, as the item is of course loaded in a player then :wink: Temporarily releasing the file, as Winamp does, is a tricky thing to do in my architecture. But maybe I’ll find a solution.

Torben

A "Save Tag" button inside the PFL dialog doesn't make sense, as the item is of course loaded in a player then ;) Temporarily releasing the file, as Winamp does, is a tricky thing to do in my architecture. But maybe I'll find a solution.
I think it does! (Extra PFL, I mean) To edit your in/out points, and THEN have to go into Properties to save the tag/file - is a little "round the houses". But I agree, a separate Cue Editor (perhaps it's own EXE for use on a production machine) would be ideal.

Oh, ok, I agree. On both :wink:

Torben

Alright, mAirList 1.5.20 will have a “Save (file tag)” button in the Extra PFL window (as well as a “Save (database)” button).

Torben