News StartNext

Hi there,
i’m a complete newbie on mAirlist and find a small problem around news (TOTH).
my problem is that my news is not exact the same lenght every hour, so the StartNext of the news is also changinging every hour. So it’s impossible to set a StartNext on my news because the difference can be 10 seconds in lenght for example.
I download my news and give some styling with the downloadtool (Opener, bed, weather and closer) that works well for me but the closer has a fade out of 2 seconds and that’s whare my problem starts i want the StartNext every hour on 2 seconds before EOF.

Maybe i didn’t look good enough or is this possible with a script?

Can anyone help me out on this issue please.

Regards,

LuckyFm

Hello LuckyFm,

simply delete the cue markers from the news entry, that should work.
Additionally, you can set the option Do not prebuffer in the elements properties.

LuckyFM, no need for scripting. This works for manu users for years:

1 Like

Oh, by the way:

Maybe you want to try the new v6.2 (beta)?
It will have a feature that fits perfect to your question:

New features:

[+] Inverse cue markers: Cue points can have negative values now, in which
    case they are relative to the end of the track. Useful if you want to
    keep Fade and Start Next markers when replacing the audio file with
    one that has a different duration. New buttons in the Cue Editor list
    to switch between normal and inverse mode.

Changelog: https://www.mairlist.com/download/current/mAirList/v6.2/Changelog.txt

Download: Index of /current/mAirList/v6.2/snapshot/

Thanks you all for the response.
as far as i can understand the given solutions it’s not possible to set a StartNext cue on 2 seconds before EOF, so i can do 2 things cut of the two seconds of the styling and mix (edit) them in front of the (in my case) commecial opener or wait for the fade to finish before the commercials start.
Or i can use 6.2 beta (hmm) witch have the solution i’m looking for.

again thank you all, i’m trying to get the fade out in my commercial opener so it likes the perfect mix :slight_smile:
Regards,

LuckyFM