Gender seperation

Hi!

i’ve got a question.

Is it possible to set a gender seperation rule using attributes? we have already marked all tracks female/male using attributes, but now we would like to know if its possible to make a seperation rule?

thanks in advance.

Best regards.

You can define the attribute “Gender” as a standard attribute in your database (please restart after defining new standard attibutes) and create a filter on that basis.

Another possible solution is to set up two separate virtual folders in your database (copy, don’t move the tracks there) and to let the mini scheduler pick files from the one or the other folder.

By the way, how do you handle it with mixed duets? :wink:

ok… i already knew how to do it using filters… but because we only have 2700 songs in our base and most of them are male… we would run into song/artist seperation pretty quickly… because of that i wanted to know if is possible to do it some other way so in case we run into song/artist seperation rule the software would just pick another song regardless of gender… so that the primitive rule would be song/artist seperation and second gender… if u know what i want to tell…

and about mixed duets we just mark the primitive vocal in the song…

Let’s think about this way: The mix in your database is 2/3 male and 1/3 female (this might vary, I know).

While separating them in virtual folders, you can setup a music template, containing 18 songs per hour, as follows:

• Folder M
  • Folder F
  • Folder M

(repeating by rule in the music template)

Please feel so free to insert other folders as you like it to generate the best mix from your point of view.

Scheduling in mAirListDB is “single dimensional”, based on the folders. Attributes can be used as hard folders, but not as a second layer/dimension of rotation.

That’s because the algorithm would be too complex and slow with that. We leave that to the real experts, i.e. MusicMaster.

1 Like