File tagger/PFL position bar cannot be dragged 'forward'

The position slider bar in the File Tagger window cannot be dragged unless one first clicks END MON or otherwise moves the bar from zero. After that is done, the bar can be dragged.

BFN
CAD

Sorry, I haven’t been able to reproduce this. Doesn’t the slider always move from zero as the PFL playback starts?

Er … I’m not sure, Torben.

I mean when the PFL player is open but STOPped, and reset to zero. It should be possible to drag the slider to change position but it does not work.

BFN
CAD

Ok, you mean when EOF has been reached before. You’re right, there’s probably a call to Source.Start missing when the slider is moved again.

By the way, how do you like the slider in the database management application? It uses a fixed resolution of 1000 steps, so it should be a lot smoother for shorter items than the one in the Properties dialog.

No, I mean when no part of the file hasyet been played, and EOF has never been reached.

You’re right, there’s probably a call to Source.Start missing when the slider is moved again.

It doesn’t seem to do anything. You can’t drag it whether the file is playing or stopped. All it does is move while the file is playing, so it’s really an indicator IMHO.

BFN
CAD

Sorry, I still don’t get it.

Can you please - for a stupid person like me - tell the steps to reproduce this?

1. Start File Tagger.
  2. Open any audio file.
  3. Click Start PFL.
  4. Click PAUSE to stop the PFL Player.
  5. Click 0 to reset the audio to zero.
  6. Attempt to drag the position slider control below the PFL Player.

On my PC here, item 6. does not work. The slider CANNOT be dragged.

BFN
CAD

Interestingly, on my PC, it does work.

Hmm … will double-check and report back.

BFN
CAD

I can make a fancy screen video if you want a proof :slight_smile:

Apologies: it’s all working fine! :-[

BFN
CAD

Never mind.