Few questions of hook containers, autoplay, separations

Hello everyone!
Short intro of myself.
I´m not a radio professional. I used to have a small hobby internet station many years ago. I used to work with RadioDJ during my whole “career”. I quit 2018. Although, regarding my previous experience, I can say I have some basic background and knowledge of an radio automation. :innocent:
After few years of rest (and almost no money - you know, kids, wife etc :slight_smile: ), I´m trying now to build another hobby internet station. I bought Home Studio of mairlist few weeks ago and I´m still doing some staff behind the scenes (creating and filling up folders with music and sound elements etc.). Actually I have some basic setup (local database with some basic music devided into folders, jingles, promos etc.) and yesturday I tried to create some playlists based on hour, music and transitions templates. My followed questions are related to what I have observed yesturday. I am almost sure I do something wrong, but I am not able to find out where do I do mistake.

1. I am able to create hook containers manually. I have read wiki few times, but I haven´t found an article, how to create hook containers automatically (to create random hooks after generating playlist from songs in that particular playlist). My vision is to have it work the same way, how it worked in RDJ. Generating playlist, pick three random songs from generated queue, create hooks, put sweepers betwwen them, and play them at TOH
  2. I created two events. One generates playlists. The second one switches AUTO on. That event doesn´t work. I am able to switch ASSIST mode on with an event. But I am not able to switch AUTO mode on with an event.
  3. I created three playlists for three subsequental hours. Separation rules are as followed: artist - 2hrs, track - 10hrs, title - 6 hrs.
    In two of three subsequental hours, there was two songs of Avril Lavigne (hour 1 and 2), two of Queen (hour 2 and 3) and two of Whitney Houston (hour 2 and 3).
    I checked names of artists twice, just to be sure there is no missmatch (like Queen and Qeuen etc.). I also checked the amount of songs in each category. There is at least 20 unique elements to be picked. I have version 7.1.6.
    I am not at home now, so I am not sure, which rule I use in a block of music in Music template. But I suggested, that separation rules must be obeyed no matter of rules in music templates, am I right?

Thank you in advance for any advice.
And many thanks to those who created such great peace of software.

Wish you nice and pleasent day.

Hi,
Welcome here. In the configuration (blue icon) you place your sweepers/jingles

Then in the ‘Automatic Hook Container’ The amount of songs

Place that container in your playlist and that is it. (I think :smile: )
The songs are always the next X songs!

Hello,
thanks a lot. :slight_smile:
I´ve set up Opener, Sweepers and Closer.
But I am not able to find a table in the second screenshot. Could you please provide the location of Automatic Hook Container setup page?

Blockquote

1. I am able to create hook containers manually. I have read wiki few times, but I haven´t found an article, how to create hook containers automatically (to create random hooks after generating playlist from songs in that particular playlist). My vision is to have it work the same way, how it worked in RDJ. Generating playlist, pick three random songs from generated queue, create hooks, put sweepers betwwen them, and play them at TOH

Solved

Blockquote

1. I created two events. One generates playlists. The second one switches AUTO on. That event doesn´t work. I am able to switch ASSIST mode on with an event. But I am not able to switch AUTO mode on with an event.

Not neccessary now

Blockquote

1. I created three playlists for three subsequental hours. Separation rules are as followed: artist - 2hrs, track - 10hrs, title - 6 hrs.
    In two of three subsequental hours, there was two songs of Avril Lavigne (hour 1 and 2), two of Queen (hour 2 and 3) and two of Whitney Houston (hour 2 and 3).
    I checked names of artists twice, just to be sure there is no missmatch (like Queen and Qeuen etc.). I also checked the amount of songs in each category. There is at least 20 unique elements to be picked. I have version 7.1.6.

Observation to this: Although I can see time stamps in a log, Mairlist doesn´t put time stamps into History tab of played songs… :open_mouth:

Hi,

for Question 2:

Did you try an event with executing a command?

You can execute several commands (and chain them) to change from Assist to Auto forth and back.

Screenshot 2023-04-14 105733

AUTOMATION 1 ON/OFF will change to the opposite state of the Automation

AUTOMATION 1 ON or AUTOMATION 1 OFF will change the status according to your needs.

If you want to activate the Automation and start directly the next song, just chain commands

AUTOMATION 1 ON;AUTOMATION 1 NEXT

NOTE 1:

You can create a dummy element and use it in your hour template as well instead of an timed event.

Just open the element’s config and enter the command here

Put it as a specific element in your hour template and mAirlist will plan it like you set it up.

NOTE 2:

If you’re using more than one playlist you need to adjust the number to AUTOMATION 2 etc… Just to say…

For Question 3:

How many Elements in total are there that mAirlist could pick from?

(For three hours you need a minimum of around 55 to 60 files to avoid repetitions. In case those folders are available for other hour templates of the whole day too you would need much more songs in it.)

Did you take alook into the log of the mini scheduler to see why these elements were repeated?

Hello Stefan,
thank you for your answer.
Regarding the AUTO on/off, actually it´s not a need. It was just some kind of mindset, which was caused of long usage of RDJ, where it was neccessary sometimes switch AUTO mode off and some time later switch that on again.

Regarding songs repetition.
Actually I am not at home to check it, but I found some log yesturday, I´m not sure, if it is some general log, or if it belongs to MiniScheduler. I just wondered, how it is possible, that I saw Start and Stop times for each played song, but those time stamps were not promoted to history tabs.
Could you, please, provide a localization of MiniScheduler log, just in case, I didn´t find it?

I have 7 virtual Folders for music files in Mairlist DB. Some of the music files are placed in two or three of those folders.
In music template I select each position defined by a Folder and user attributes (Language, Tempo, Gender and Rating). I use at least 4 Folders to be picked (I test it only during night, so during a daytime, different folders will be in a template). Due to attribute filter for selection, the amount of available items can be decreased, but still it should be 10+.
As I wrote yesturday, I realized, that mairlist didn´t put the time stamps into history tab of each played song. So during the generation of following hour, almost half of songs, which were played in the last hour were picked again.
I believe, Scheduler should pick songs without a stamp first, than, if all of the songs from the Folder have stamps, it picks those, which were played most recently. So I think, when I solve the problem with missing time stamps, repetition could also be fixed.

Thank you once again for your time and effort.

As I wrote: You need at least 50-60 songs available for three hours. And they MUST all match the criterias and filters you set up in the template / music block. Or mAirlist will start to repeat the matching ones.

And here’s the point: If the elements collected penalty points due of the use in other virtual folders, mAirlist might use elements you were not logically expecting.

Could you be so kind to upload a screenshot so we are referring to the same part of the Database? :slight_smile:

When you generate a playlist in the database window

Screenshot 2023-04-14 154436

you can checkmark these options:

Screenshot 2023-04-14 154526

I suggest you to “test drive” the generating of one hour and post it here as formatted code.

To test drive with special template settings just check this option too:

Screenshot 2023-04-14 155001

I see… So… That means, I need to create some new structure of the database and filtering… Unfortunately, at this point, I absolutely don´t have an idea, which way to go… O:)

Library doesn´t show last appearance, while debug log does…

I am sorry for a stupid question… What you mean with “formatted code”…? Do you want me to post the whole generated debug log?