Error initializing ASIO device 1: BASS_ASIO_Init: can't find a free sound driver

He Guys

Recieving now this issue tonight

Error initializing ASIO device 1: BASS_ASIO_Init: can’t find a free sound driver (BASS error 3)

What can i do about it

Goos

4.1.2 1483 version of 17 july

Goos

That usually happens when a device offers both DirectSound (WDM) and ASIO drivers, and is already used in DirectSound mode. In that case, mAirList won’t be able to initialize the ASIO part to determine the properties of the device (channel count etc.), and you see the error message in the system log.

If you don’t plan to use ASIO on that device anyway, you can just check the “ignore this device” option (mAirListConfig -> Audio Settings -> ASIO).

Hi,
and how to disable WDM? I need ASIO (MBOX Pro)

In another topic I found:

In my case, the problem was the Playback Device of the embedded streaming Encoder (mAirListConfig -> Modules -> Encoder -> Devices). When start with a clean configuration, mAirList sets this to the first WDM device available in your system - bang! I had to set the encoder playback device to "No local output", save and restart mAirListConfig, and then the ASIO control panel worked.

But in Config i have Advanced → Modules → … and “encoder” doesn’t exist

Which mAirList version? In v4.1 and newer, it’s now all on the “Audio Devices” page, under the “Encoder” node.

So first make sure that the devices is nowhere set/mentioned in DirectSound or WASAPI mode in any node.

If you still get the error message then, the device is probably in use by another application, or by Windows system sounds.

Version 4.2

My problem lies elsewhere. I’m not worry about error message. When the sound is playing, encoders are working, only can hear is silence on the streaming. It seems as thought encoders are not receving sounds from players (ex. peakmeter in soundprocessing section is empty). I think the problem may be with ASIO or sound routing…

Probably with sound routing. If you want the players to output directly into the encoder, you must set their audio output to “Encoder”.

The encoder cannot magically grab the audio which is sent directly to a soundcard from a player.