Encoder crashing randomly

Hi,

I have tried the newest Snapshot builds, and after upgrading, my Encoder started to crash randomly.

I have downgraded again to release 6.3.9 Build 4405, and it havent crashed the latest two days.

Can it be because of.
[*] Encoder: Increased maximum values for connect and reconnect delays
in the latest snapshot releases?

Regards. Martin.

No, that was was just a cosmetic change in the configuration dialog.

What version did you use before?

I normally always updste to the latest snapshot release, but after updating to the latest snapshot releases, my Encoder just stops and I am getting a lot of errors and alarms in the system log untill I push the Off Air button. I can then push the on air button and the Encoder connects again. I have seen it 3-4 times. I then downgraded to release 6.3.9 Build 4405 and I havent seen the issue, in the last two days.

Regards. Martin.

I checked the Git history, and apart from that cosmetic change in the encoder connection config GUI (extended the possible range of the up/down buttons for the reconnect limits), there have been absolutely no changes in the encoder between these two builds. Not even in the entire audio system.

So I don’t think it’s related to the snapshot.

What do you mean by “crash” anyway? Any particular error message?

The Encoder stopped working and there was a lot of connection lost error messagds in the history log. I havent seen the error sinde I downgraded to release 6.3.9 Build 4405.

I can try to upgrade to snapshot build 4412 again and see if the issue will start again.

Regards. Martin.

I strongly believe it was coincidence. Intermittent routing problems somehwere between you and the streaming server? In the backbones? That’s the usual cause of these sudden “encoder connection died” errors.

Ok, lets see if it starts to fail again after upgrading to latest Snapshot build.
I will inform you if it starts to fail again.

Regards. Martin.