Datei 100ms

Hallo,

seit einer Woche ist ja jetzt mAirList bei uns ganz im Einsatz.
Grade eben hat sich der Silencedetektor gemeldet…
mAirList hing, und zwar mit einer 100ms Silence Datei.

Diese Datei wird immer (als Ersatz) eingefügt wenn ein automatischer Download von einem Beitragzusteller fehlschlägt.

Ich konnte das Problem jetzt hier bei mir nicht reprodudieren (noch nicht). Aber vielleicht weiss der Doktor Rat.
Ich weiss jetzt nicht mit welchen Timern mAirList intern arbeitet, aber vielleicht ist 100ms zu knapp für mAirList oder Bass.

Habe jetzt mal die Datei auf 1 Sek gesetzt.

Gruss:
-Serge-

Echte Audiodatei oder Stilleelement?

Echte Audiodatei.

Aber ich hatte es gestern nur mit der original Datei getestet.
Normalerweise läuft das aber anders ab. Nachdem der Download fehlgeschlagen ist, wird die Zieldatei durch die 100ms Stille Datei ersetzt. Aber, danach läuft noch automatisch leveling auf 89dbSPL ab und die Datei wird noch automatisch getagged.

Ich versuche es nachher noch mit der getaggten und gelevelten Datei und berichte.

Gruss:
-Serge-

So, ich kann’s jetzt reproduzieren.

Ist die Datei nur einmal in der Playliste, dann klappt’s meistens, manchmal aber nicht.
Wo’s garantiert hängen bleibt ist wenn man die Datei 2x gleich hintereinander in die Playliste setzt (also zum Reproduzieren des Problems)

Ich hänge die Datei mal mit hier an.

Gruss:
-Serge-

Plurio_1~c.mp3 (2.46 KB)

I discovered while writing the IVP script that 250mS seems to be the shortest time possible in practice for starting the ‘next’ file without the risk of Automation stopping, especially on an older computer (my testing PC has a 1GHz processor and 2GB or RAM).

I also have a VERY short (about 400mS) sting which tops and tails ad. breaks, and that works fine in Automation.

Suggestion: instead of using 100mS silence to ‘replace’ missing audio, why not use a station ident. or a liner instead? :wink: That would sound ‘smoother’ than even a short silence.

BFN
Cad

Thanks for your input CAD.
I know you’re the one with the oldest testing equipment… ;D

Well, replacing the missing audio with a jingle or something else is not the problem.
We just moved completely to mAirList this month and somehow reproduced the old playout system within mAirList.
The 100ms sound file was not a problem in the former playout system…

So for the time being, as long as the Doctor evaluates this, a 1 second timeout (should the download fail, which is rarely the case) is tolerated.
However, using a station logo instead is much better, thanks for the idea…

regards:
-Serge-

If it’s an audio file, then this must be a bug in BASS. I will try to reproduce it, and possibly file a bug report there.

Have you tried using a silence item instead?

Silence Element won’t work as we download a file from a server and put it into a folder.
The Playlist just refers to this file weather it is the culture agenda or simply the silence element in case of failur of the download.

I have no possibility to interact with the Playlist.

regards:
-Serge-

Ok, I see.

Another question, when the silence file is loaded into the playlist, it does not have any cue points, does it? (I ask because the problem could be related to improperly set cue markers - the best thing would be to place an MMD with no cue information in it along with the file, to avoid Auto Cue and the like).

No, nothing, the file itself gets downloaded or not (100ms in that case)
Then set to 89dbSPL and tagged.

regards:
-Serge-