Database issue need to be fixt

Thank you Henk.

Only thing that’s still not answered (or did i miss it?): What type of dB is used when this happens, i.e. on your setup? :wink:

I really like to know if this a general problem or only appears on an SQlite installation (localDB) but not on a PostgreSQL (aka a „real“ Server)…

Now I use a maria db on a Nas.
Get the same behavior on local db.

1 Like

And we still do knot know

1 Like

Mine are 2 databases first one is 4000 a 5000 songs (it was my only database when I first tested it).

1 Like

This would be nice to know too…

I still can’t reproduce this… Minimum Characters for searching are set to 0 with unlimited search results…

I get a hundreds of results for “A ha” like Baha Men, Aretha, Whats up etc…

Yes, it takes some time to find them across the whole database and mAirlist freezes for 2-3 seconds.

So here is the question: Did @rvording follow this suggestion in an earlier thread?

Wright now I’m on holiday so no access to mairlist.
And it’s over a year back but try it for your self , especially when you make mistakes for instance Kylie Minogue you can easily go wrong and type kilie or Minokue and what’s the point of searching if you’re not pointed to the wright artist.

I did try it by myself. With your example of “kilie” I just got 0 results instantly, no freezing. And “Kylie” brought up around 20 songs instantly.

I don’t agree with this. Freezing may be one thing (and I couldn’t reproduce it with false written names), but mAirlist is no ai-based search engine that make suggestions for typos and fussy fingers on the keyboard.

I would reply: “what’s the point of searching if you’re not telling mAirlist exactly what it should find in the database”… :wink:

Are there more programs running on the same computer?
What is the load of ur cpu/ RAMmemory/ network?

Maybe try to find what is causing the freeze.
Mairlist just does a job. Perhaps somehow the pc isn’t able to handle the big search?

Try NZXTcam software. It monitors your pc functions like cpu/gpu/rqm/network/storage. (its freeware)
Perhqps u can see the load of cpu/ram or network become high while searching.

2 Likes

The question was from one off the 2 Facebook groups where you also a member are.
I don’t use the search but with Aha it went wrong and I’m not sure but I think that a ha it only looks for a .
My PC is 2 years old I 7 16gig ram CPU is just under 10.000.
This pc is built for radio and that’s it’s only purpose it’s doing.
Again I don’t use the search but after testing last year I’m not beginning ether.
This is not my question but I agree with the topic starter that it’s not the best working search engine. Before I used freeplayer that had a artist field and a title field and I can’t remember that it freezes?

@henk .
My post was for @rvording since he is still having this issue.
I do understand your way of search, but I would also like to help and see what the reason can be that some people seem.to have thia issue.

One sidenote for everyone uaing any software. The minimum speca given by a supplier of the software are called “minimum” specs for a reason. Always think of your needs and understand that with your needs maybe the minimum specs aren’t good enough.
For example. If u use 128kbpa mp3 versus wav files, u do have to understand that when using wav files the computer has a much bigger load.

1 Like

Gentlemen!
We’re not interested in facebook groups or any other channels, since there is no official mAirList support in those groups or channels.

If we have a bug :beetle: in the database und you would like to help us finding and fixing it, please do it here.
Thank you.

@henk, would you please tell me me on what point of your search mAirList crashes? I will try to reproduce it on my pivate (very old and slow!) PC. Are you looking for a single letter? What search options and/or restrictions do exist for your database or browser?

From @rvording I’m still waiting for an answer on my post #6.

1 Like

stefan hillen, i have chance what you say: open the mAirlist.ini
wear under option: HTTPTimeout=30000

Restart mAirlist and the timeout is gone… i dont have time to test it.

but i use al local db. i had the same problem on a i7 pc

1 Like

It is difficult to say what ithe cause can be when having so less information.
As asked before by uli, save a report maybe they can find what the cause is,
Otherwise try to see what part of the pc creates this issue as desribed above

if i search do i ever mairlist shows frozen or if i type rock me baby the same problem. i know that i’m not the only one with this problem. i’ll find it very bad that mairlist not solves that problem.

On the other hand, I know many people who don’t have this problem. We will help you finding the reason why it does not work at your place, but…

… is not a good start for a co-operative search for a solution.
Excuse me, but this is not true and I kindly ask you to cool down (which is not so easy in these days in Europe, I know :sunny:).

Thank you.

Have you created the bug report?

As uli says,
The people of mAirlist are willing to help you, but then you need to help them to find where the problem is.

Also I agree that it wasn’t friendly to say that yiu’ll find it bad that mAirlist wnlon’t solve the problem.
A lot of big companies all over the world could learn from the passion and supporr wich is provides by the people behind mAirlist.

As uli qsked. Please save a bug report so the people from mAirlist can read that for you.

if i save that report how will i find it again to see what’s the problem?

I will not post in here anymore. I hope @rvording will create the bug report and then I let it to people from mAirlist to solve this with u.

Also please try not to let this conversation escalate…

And by the way. Uli is one of the people from mAirlist. So if he offers u his help. I guess u should be pleased to take advantage of that

Like I said earlier, somebody ask about database search (I think it was @rvording ).
I don’t use database search because I’m quicker going through artist and then finding the title.
When I search on aha (take on me 80’s) nothing after view minutes mairlist freezes then I looked for a ha the same.
Going through the database like I always do and found out that it’s A-Ha in my system.
Enter A-Ha in the search and straight away hits.
So my conclusion was as long you type it wright it’s ok .
Only I didn’t know that there was - between the A and H.