Columns

Hi

Have the “workings” of mairlist got to a position where you would be able to select which columns you want in a playlist via the config yet?

I am struggling to make any changes to columns at the moment via the skin.ini…

Currently my columns are:

TIME | TITLE/ARTIST | DURATION | RAMP | END | LINK

What i would like to get is:

TIME | TITLE/ARTIST | DURATION | LINK

Any thoughts/help you can give me please?

Also, are you aware that the TIME column is actually where the status is displayed? Just seems a bit strange!

Sorry its a bit requesty/questiony…

Thanks

Search the forum for “skin.ini” and “ColWidths”. You can hide a column by setting its width to 0. It’s also possible to change the colum order (ColumnOrder" setting).

The ‘time’ refers to backtiming; in other words, when the item will start.

In addition to what Torben suggests, you can also use HideColumns.
Try adding the line HideColumns=4,5 to the [Playlist] section of your skin.ini.
Note that column numbers start at 0 (not 1!).

BFN
CAD

ah-ha!

Excellent, thank you for your help!.

Oh, yes - that’s even easier, because it will preserve the auto-sizing of the Title column.

Thank you Cad for knowing my software better than I do :wink:

:smiley: Well, that’s quite a compliment! As we both know, there’s nothing like writing documentation to REALLY help you get to know a product inside and out. :wink:

And I’ve been down the whole Columns route myself, so I understand how puzzling it can appear at first. I do have a list somewhere (?) of what each column number is, but luckily I didn’t need to find that to be able to answer lackster’s query. :slight_smile:

BFN
CAD

It would no big deal to introduce aliases for the columns… It would sure make life easier for the skin designer.

Yeah, these columns also drove me almost crazy at the begining.
Therefore I added the following comment to my skin.ini

;Column Order: Icon(0),Time(1),Title/Artist(2),Duration(3),Ramp(4),End(5),Link(6)

regards:
-Serge-