Changing button with Remote ID

Hi!

I have a little Elgato Streamdeck. It can send keyboard commands like ‘CTRL+F12’. I’ve made a button to put my mixer on and off air. Just by Dante + a virtual mixer.

If my mixer is off air, I want mAirList to show that the mixer is off air. I made a simple button, with ‘OFF AIR’, and ‘ON AIR’. Gave it a Remote ID, and in ‘hotkey settings’, said when receiving ‘CTRL+F12’, trigger the button. But that doesn’t work.

Is someone able to help with this?

Kindly regards,
Wouter

Hi Wouter,
I recently have put down some thoughts about switching and buttons here, which, in fact, is written in German (as yet). But the code itself should work in any language. You might have a look at and, if it were all Greek for you, feel free to ask again?

Nevertheless, without having a look at your script per se, it is a little difficult to judge your efforts.

Toggled regards

TSD

1 Like

Thanks Tondose!

I’ll give it a try. Will let you know if it worked for me!

Wouter

Late to the party and you might have solved it already, but in case you haven’t: instead of a simple button screen object I’d probably use either a status display or even an on air status. If you use a status display give it a remote ID, if you use an on air status it should show if the playout itself is on air and in the remote control you can have CTRL+F12 as ON/OFF AIR and that should solve it for you.

Good luck,
Michael