Bass_asio error

Hi guys,

yesterday I have the update version 6.0.2 to 6.0.4
Since then a strange problem occurs

several popup were shown wich says Mairlist is frozen (Even while it is still fully working)

I tried a restart and then an error appears wich I can’t figure out why it is there.

“Error initializing ASIO device 1: BASS_ASIO_Init: can’t find a free sound driver (BASS error 3)”

Nothing has changed in configuration so it is quite a mystery where it comes from.

Hope someone can help me with this.

Ruud

Generally, the error means that a particular soundcard cannot be used in ASIO mode as it is already in use with DirectSound/WASAPI, possibly by another application. See here for details: https://www.mairlist.com/dokuwiki/faq#bass_error_3_in_bass_asio_init_during_startup

So are you really aiming to use that card in ASIO? Tell us more about your config.

Sometimes these errors come from audio interfaces which have been removed/unplugged from the system, but the drivers have not been removed yet.

Sorry for the late responce…
Somehow after the latest update, windows 10 recovered one of the drivers of a soundcard that I had deleted a few weeks ago!
(I really hate the latest windows 10 update!)
So after deleting a non used driver, everything seem fine again!

Yeah, problem with ASIO drivers is that they remain in the system even if you unplugged/removed the actual audio hardware, and then initialization fails obviously. So always remove the drivers when removing the hardware, and tell Win10 not to install them again :wink: