feat. in the title instead of artist field

Hello,

i have switched on the debug modus.
I’m testing my radio for a few days right now. I hear some artists to much. The artist seperation is set at 2 hours. This isn’t working correctly.

As you can see i have set the " (feat. Calvin Harris) " in the title field, and not in the artist field like this => Benny Blanco feat. Calvin Harris .
Is this the reason?

Because if you see the screenshot of the system log you will see only “Benny Blanco - I found you” and not “Benny Blanco - I found you (feat. Calvin Harris)” This is the bug i think.

See attachments…

And another thing, i have different remixxes of some songs, I have read some articles that you always must write down the title like this => "Speechless [Throttle Remix] " is this correct ?

artist-song-name.png

system-log-screen.png

systemlog.txt (113 KB)

“feat.” will only be split when it’s in the artist. You must rewrite it as:

Title: I found you
Artist: Benny Blanco feat. Calvin Harris

It does make sense to have the artist names in the artist fields after all, doesn’t it?

For the title field, any part in [] brackets will be ignored when it comes to title separation.

What you see is in the system log is not a bug - the system log displays the filename of the song, not the metadata.

okay thanks Torben! i will set all the artist names at the right way. nice job for this weekend :stuck_out_tongue:

Consider spending the time learning SQL and then do it with a single statement at the end of the weekend 8)

Hi Torben,

To add to this topic, I just discovered this in my playlist, artists should be split on feat. right? Cannot put it in debug anymore but just checking.

Capture.PNG

Are both tracks in the same folder or in different ones?

Same folder. I think I get why you are asking, maybe I need more artists in that folder :wink:

Ok just checked, found out why. My track seperation penalty was higher then artist and that folder did contain a lot of the same artists. Changed the hours on the artist, let’s see how this goes :slight_smile:

Okay, you’ve been faster… 8)

Here’s what I wrote in the meantime; maybe it will be helpful though:

Yes and no. :smiley:
If you have two different (too small) folders the mini scheduler must pick items from, it’s possible he can not handle the separation rules.

You know that you can a start a report on creating a playlist?

From this thread the quote came from we had this interesting discussion on that problem a few days before:
https://forum.mairlist.com/index.php/topic,10125.0.html

Thanks for your reply. Yes I know about the debug option :slight_smile: , but I have an event that creates the playlist every hour. Until let’s say this week I had not problem with the same artists in a row (or didn’t notice it). I will generate some playlists with debug mode on, let’s have a look :slight_smile:

It’s the same here too. :slight_smile:
I only use this special feature to figure out whether something’s went wrong or not - and, in result, it’s a fault in my music plan / rotation.

You can create playlists in debug mode without saving them or you save them and the event “Create playlist” gives a feedback “Playlist already exists”. That works fine.

Good luck!

Recent 6.1 versions have the debug log option also in the “Generate playlists” action. Will be saved to the main data folder as MiniScheduler-<date/time>.txt.